SIGINT’s Advanced Search is a powerful way to search by creating complex queries through an easy drag and drop interface and working with a menu of alternatives
How it works?
SIGINT’s Advanced Search utilizes an intuitive search interface that builds the query language for you in order to do faceted searches and search refinement. This search capability allows you to specify certain search criteria and metadata fields, in terms of constructing complex queries, without having to worry about query syntax. Its value in exploratory data analysis, comes from the fact that for those metadata fields with a fixed number of alternatives (such as email senders, document types, or folders), it shows you a list of the 1,000 most common alternative values. The parenthetical number after each alternative is the number of documents, including duplicates, that correspond to the metadata value. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org was identified as the email sender in 10 emails.
Key benefits of Advanced Search include:
- No programming skills required
- Create complex searches through an easy to use drag and drop interface
- Refine within a search – for instance search only within a particular set of concepts
- Leverage any combination of concepts, keywords, phrases, timeframes, tags, folders, and any other item of metadata you have
- See a list of the top values for certain meta data fields and select the ones you want to include in your search
- Select a sort order for your results